Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Historical Society, 2018 Vol XVIII, No 2, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Copies of earlier editions of Ceredigion are available for purchase. Click here for details
Contents of Volume XVIII, Number 2
- The Benedictine Priory of Llanbadarn Fawr and the Monks of Gloucester – JANET BURTON – 1
- Views of Mid Wales by Artists and Royals from Europe – HEATHER WILLIAMS – 27
- Pan Gyfarfu Cyfarfod Heddwch Ryngwladol yn Aberystwyth – ELGAN DAVIES – 55
- The Cardiganshire By-Election of 1932 – J. GRAHAM JONES – 77
- Yr Athro Emeritws / Professor Emeritus Ieuan Gwynedd Jones (1920-2018), Llywydd y Gymdeithas / President of the Society 1993-2018 – GERAINT H. JENKINS – 105
- Adolygiadau / Reviews – 113
- Adroddiad Archifdy Ceredigion 2017-18 / Ceredigion Archives Report 2017-18 – 121
- Adroddiad Blynyddol / Annual Report – 155
- Cyfrifon / Statement of Accounts – 159
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.
The Society was formed in 1909. It suspended operations in 1940 but resumed its activities in 1947.
The annual subscription is £10 for individual, £12 for family membership, to be paid on 1 January each year. Members are recommended to pay by Banker’s Order.
New members are welcome!!!
Offers of papers to be read at meetings of the Society should be addressed to the Programme Secretary. Material for publication and books for review should be sent to the Editor. Authors of articles should consult the Notes for Contributors.