The Hall (Y Neuadd), Llanon, is thought to be Tudor in date, from around the 16th century. Though it’s origins are uncertain local tradition point to it being the chapel of St Non, later divided into three units. The site is in the care of Ceredigion Museum, along with the Llanon Museum Cottage which stands beside it.
2. Surviving Features
Home to a wealthy family in the mid-16th century. Later divided into a dais at the Eastern end and the lower Western end of the hall is where animals were kept. It’s unusual an a rare example of the earliest chimneyed house in the county of Ceredigion known to date. By 1894 the property was in a ruinous state of repair.
Surviving features include a cross-passage, lamp bracket, lateral fireplace and a very rare example of an original timber widow frame of two light, round-headed windows.
Excavations and a survey by Dyfed Archaeological Trust took place on July 2013.
- The Hall, Llanon, Ceredigion – Dyfed Archaeological Trust
- Repairing the ruins of a Tudor Hall or Naith in Llanon
- Y Neuadd, Llanon – Coflein