Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Historical Society, 2014 Vol XVIII, No 2, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Copies of earlier editions of Ceredigion are available for purchase. Click here for details
Contents of Volume XVIII, Number 2
- The Strange Case of a Mysterious Lead Anomaly: Castell Grogwynion Hillfort, Ceredigion – SIMON TIMBERLAKE; KEITH HAYLOCK; TOBY DRIVER AND LOUISE BARKER; PHIL ANDREWS, BRENDA CRADDOCK, ANTHONY GILMOUR AND LORRAINE MEPHAM – 1
- The Purbeck Marble Font in St Padarn’s Church, Llanbadarn Fawr – TIM PALMER – 29
- Rhydfendigaid: Whow blessed the ford and grave the village its name? – TERENCE WILLIAMS – 41
- Campau Cardi o Fardd: Cyflwyniad Byr i Ieuan ap Rhydderch – IESTYN DANIEL – 59
- Chapels in Ceredigion – D. HUW OWEN – 81
- A fearsome and daring bunch: The Cardiganshire Home Guard 1940-1944 – RICHARD MOORE-COLYER – 113
- Geraint Wyn Howells, Lord Geraint of Ponterwyd (1925-2004) – JOHN GRAHAM JONES – 139
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.