Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Historical Society, 2015 Vol XVII, No 3, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Copies of earlier editions of Ceredigion are available for purchase. Click here for details
Contents of Volume XVII, Number 3
- A North Ceredigion Charcoal Industry – JOHN WILES – 1
- Romantic Travellers and the Blessed Ford – DAVID BARNES – 61
- Promoting horticulture before 1920: The North Cardiganshire Horticultural Society (1894-1905) – STEPHEN BRIGGS – 73
- Cardiganshire and the First World War – ROBIN BARLOW – 111
- The ‘Coaly Libs’ and the ‘Wee Frees’: Cardiganshire Politics, 1920-24, Part I – JOH GRAHAM JONES – 129
- Aber-porth a Phenychain: Hwyl ger yr Heli? – DAFYDD ROBERTS – 171
- Adroddiad Blynyddol/Annual Report – 198
- Cyfrifon/Statement of Accounts – 202
- Swyddogion/Officials – 203
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.