Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Historical Society, 2016 Vol XVII, No 4, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Copies of earlier editions of Ceredigion are available for purchase. Click here for details
Contents of Volume XVII, Number 4
- ‘Wife on the Moor Raising Turf’: The Diary of John Davies, Ystrad Aeron, 1796-1799 – MICHAEL FREEMAN – 1
- Tramorwyr yng Ngheredigion ym 1881 – GERALD MORGAN – 29
- Aberystwyth and the First Word War – WILLIAM TROUGHTON – 41
- Mario Rutelli’s War Memorials at Aberystwyth – CAROLINE PALMER – 65
- The ‘Coaly Libs’ and the ‘Wee Frees’: Cardiganshire Politics, 1920-24, Part 2 – JOHN GRAHAM JONES – 83
- The Reverend Evan Jones: a Further Postscript – DAVID GORMAN – 113
- Adroddiad Archifdy Ceredigion 2015-2016/Ceredigion Archives Reports 2015-2016 – 117
- Adroddiad Blynyddol/Annual Report – 145
- Cyfrifon/Statement of Accounts – 149
- Swyddogion/Officials – 151
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.