Ceredigion – Journal of the Ceredigion Historical Society Vol XVI, No 4, 2012
Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Historical Society, 2012 Vol XVI, No 4, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Copies of earlier editions of Ceredigion are available for purchase. Click here for details
Contents of Volume XVI, Number 4
- Abermagwr Roman-British Villa, Ceredigion: A note on post-excavation progress – JEFFERY L. DAVIES and TOBY DRIVER – 1
- A building in the cliff at Llansantffraed – JOHN WILES – 11
- The Nanteos Walled Garden – JANET JOEL – 15
- Good grub and good friends: Pigs, the cottage and the farm in Victorian Wales – RICHARD MOORE-COLYER – 59
- Bishop William Basil Tickell Jones – ROGER L. BROWN – 85
- ‘A Sound Fellow’: The Appointment of Henry Stuart Jones as Principle of UCW Aberystwyth – JOHN GRAHAM JONES – 103
- Gwilym Owen, Athro Gwyddonol y Werin – ADRIAN WALTERS – 123
- ‘A Venture of Love, Youth and Spring’: Countess Barcynska’s Rogues and Vagabonds Repertory Players, 1935-6 – JOHN HARRIS – 133
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.