Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 2000 Vol XIII, No 4, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Copies of earlier editions of Ceredigion are available for purchase. Click here for details
Contents of Volume XIII, Number 4
- Women in Early Modern Cardiganshire – GERALD MORGAN – 1
- A Cardiganshire Incumbent writes to his London Relations – Lewis Evans Vicar of Llanfihangel Genaur-glyn 1805-35 – ROGER BROWN – 20
- Plas Crug – Fact and Folklore – GUDRUN RICHARDSON – 29
- An Early History of the Aberystwyth Post Office – RON COWELL – 44
- Menywod a Chwaraeon – Athletwragedd yng Ngholeg Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth c.1880-1914 – EMMA LILE – 59
- Electricity Comes to Aberystwyth – TOM EVANS – 73
- Ceredigion in the Second World War – GWYN DAVIES – 81
- Adolygiadau/Reviews – 94
- Adroddiad Blynyddol/Annual Report – 103
- Cyfrifon/Statement of Accounts – 107
Plas Crug, near Aberystwyth From Wales Illustrated Henry Gastineau, 1830.
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.