Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1988-9 Vol XI No I, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume XI, Number I
- The 1588 Translation of the Bible and the World of Renaissance Learning – By Ceri Davies – 1
- Popular Culture, Policing, and the Disappearance of the Ceffyl Pren in Cardigan, c.1837-1850 – By Rosemary A. N. Jones – 19
- Gwrthryfel y Gweithwyr Gwledig yng Ngheredigion, 1889-1950 – By David A. Pretty – 41
- W. G. Tarrant: Last Squire of Hafod – By Jennifer Macve – 59
- Slate Working in North Cardiganshire with Particular Reference to Cwmerau – By Gordon and Mary Tucker – 75
- History on the Pavements – By Godfrey Hill – 81
- Adolygiadau/Reviews – 87
- Adroddiad Blynyddol/Annual Report – 92
- Cyfrifon/Statement of Accounts – 95
- The Castle in England and Wales: an Interpretative History, D. J. Cathcart King 1988
- Politics and Society in Wales, 1840-1922: Essays in honour of Ieuan Gwynedd Jones, Geraint H. Jenkins and J.Beverley Smith
- Settlement and Society in Wales, D. Huw Owen 1989
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.