Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1987 Vol X No 4, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume X, Number 4
- The Sales Book of Samuel Williams, Aberystwyth Printer (Part 2) – By Eiluned Rees – 357
- Captain John Richards (1813-1903) and the ‘Eagle Eyed’ (1858-1897) – By G. Ivor Thomas – 373
- Parcel Canol, Cardiganshire: A Study of the Censuses 1841-81 – By E. Alwyn Benjamin – 393
- Un o’r Harddaf yn y Parth Hwn o’r Sir : Adnewyddu Eglwys Llanilar, 1873-4 – By Gwynfor Rees
- Cardiff Tramps, Cardi Crews: Cardiganshire Shipowners and Seamen in Cardiff, c. 1870-1950 – By David Jenkins – 431
- Dafydd Lanlas: The Schoolboy at Rhydlewis – By John Harris – 431
- Adolygiadau/Reviews – 450
- Adroddiad Blynyddol/Annual Report – 453
- Cyfrifon/Statement of Accounts – 456
- A Lantern for Lord Rhys, by Margot James 1986.
- Castles of Dyfed, by Paul R. Davies 1987
- Communities: Essays in the social history of Victorian Wales, by Ieuan Gwynedd Jones 1987
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.