Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1985 Vol X No 2, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume X, Number 2
- Wheat, Peat and Lead: Settlements Patterns in West Wales, 1500-1800 – By A. J. Parkinson – 111
- Yr Eglwys ‘Wiwlwys Olau’ a’i Beirniaid – By Geraint H. Jenkins – 131
- Of Paupers and Workhouses – By E. Alwyn Benjamin – 147
- Human Afflictions: A Study of the North Ceredigion Census Returns, 1851-71 – By E. Alwyn Benjamin – 155
- Commins Coch Primary School, 1929-1979 – By R. F. Walker – 161
- A Group of Burnt Mounds at Morfa Mawr, Aberaeron – By George Williams – 181
- Excavation and Survey at Cardigan Castle – By K. Murphy and C. O’Mahoney – 189
- Adolygiadau/Reviews – 219
- Adroddiad Blynyddol/Annual Report – 224
- Cyfrifon/Statement of Accounts – 227
- Llewelyn ap Gruffudd tywysog Cymru, by J. Beverley Smith 1986.
- Owain Glyndwr, by John W. Roberts 1985.
- ‘Beca! by Robert M. Morris 1986.
- Guide to the Parish Records of Clwyd, by A. G. Veysey 1984.
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.