Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1977 Vol VII No 2, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume VIII, Number 2
- Charles Evans Davis Morgan-Richardson – By D. L. Baker Jones – 147
- The enclosure and drainage of Cors Fochno, 1813-47 – By R. J. Colyer – 181
- Lewis Morris ac Arferion priodi yng Ngheredigion – By Dafydd Ifans – 193
- Argaffwyr Tregaron – By Richard Huws – 204
- The Bryndyfi Mine – By R. E. Boyns – 210
- The system of watercourses to lead mines from the river Leri – By Mary Tucker – 217
- My dear reverend cousin – By Richard Gareth Owen – 224
- Adolygiadau/Reviews – 237
- Adroddiad Blynyddol/Annual Report – 239
- Cyfrifon/Statement of Accounts – 244
- Principal drainage features of Cors Fochno 1847 – 183
- Allotments of land to the Lord of the Manor, Freeholders and Proprietors – 190
- Lands sold at various times for the purpose of financing the concern – 191
- Ymweliad y Gwahoddwr – 194
- Water supply arrangements for Llety-Evan-hen, Cwmsymlog, Cwmmerfin, Cwmsebon, Court Grange (or Pen-y-cefn), and other lead mines – 219
- The “lower” Court Grange leat nearly a mile below the point where it leaves the River Leri. View northwards from grid reference SN 686 855 (March 1976) – 219
- The upper Cwm-sebon leat (marked by arrowhead) viewed southwards from the remains of Llety-Evan-hen mine, at grid reference SN 695 850. Ruins of wheelpit in right foreground; this wheel was worked by water from Horridge’s leat (September 1975) – 219
- The upper Cwmsebon leat viewed south-eastwards from near the remains of Llety-Evan-hen mine. The two ponds which provided storage and some extra water in the earlier, lower, Cwmsebon leat are in the foreground (September 1975) -220
- The lower mine-site at Cwmsymlog (grid reference SN 698 837), showing the line of the upper Cwmsebon leat approximately coinciding with the line of a minor road. At the left of the photograph, the road is descending from above the level of the leat; here the route of the latter is marked approximately by the upper line of poles (August 1972) – 220
- The Reverend Alban Thomas Jones Gwynne – 223
- Susanah Maria Jones Gwynne – 224
- A history of Saint David’s University College Lampeter, volume one: to 1898, by D. T. W. Price 1977.
- History on the ground, by A. J. Bird 1977.
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.