Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1976 Vol VII No I, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume VIII, Number I
- The College Theatre at Aberystwyth, 1884-1918 – By Dr. R. F. Walker – 1
- John David Lewis (1859-1914) a hanes Gwasg Gomer – By J. Tysul Jones – 26
- The Welsh Intermediate Education Act and Cardiganshire – By Stuart Griffiths – 50
- Lloyd of Gilfachwen, Cilgwyn and Cilgwyn and Coedmore – By Major Francis Jones – 72
- Enclosures in Cardiganshire, 1750-1850 – By Alun Eirug Davies – 100
- Adroddiad Blynyddol/Annual Report – 106
- Cyfrifon/Statement of Accounts – 110
- ‘Naval Engagement’, 1891 – 8
- ‘Aelwyd Angharad’, St. David’s Day Soirée, 1911 – 16
- The literary and Debating Society Soirées, 1889-1907 – 20
- ‘Market Stores’ Llandysul yn 1892 adeg cychwyn y Wasg. Gweler W. J. Jones yn gwisgo ffedog argraffydd a J. D. Lewis yn gwisgo ffedog groser – 33
- J. D. Lewis Sefydlydd Gwasg Gomer – 33
- Teip y llyfr cyntaf o’r Wasg yn 1894 sef “Hanes Plwyf Llandysul”. B. Jenkins (prentis), Thomas Rees (ymwelydd), David Jones (prentis), W. J. Jones (argraffydd), Y Parch. W. J. Davies (awdur), J. D. Lewis – 49
- W. J. Jones (Jones y Printer) ar ymweliad a’r Eisteddfod Genedlaethol ag yntau yn 80 mlwydd oed – 49
- Lloyd of Gilfachwen, Cilgwyn and Coedmore – 73
- Enclosure award of Rhosybiswel – 120
- Enclosure award of Rhos Cilcennin – 121
- List of all enclosures effected in Cardiganshire under the provisions of enclosure acts – 125
- Summary of the Anhuniog Enclosure Award of 1812 showing the Acreages Allotted and the Total Cost defrayed by each Owner – 130
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.