Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1978 Vol VII No 3, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume VIII, Number 3
- The New Law in a Rural Area, 1834-1850 – By Alun Eirug Davies – 245
- Merched y Gerddi – By John Williams-Davies – 291
- Ships and Seamen – Some Cardiganshire Examples – By Aled Eames – 304
- Hungarian Sufferings: An Aberystwyth Meeting – By Marian Henry Jones – 310
- Eleanor James: Cardiganshire’s Only Female Transportee to Australia – By Deidre Beddow – 320
- Two Examples of Vernacular Architecture – By Mark McDermott – 323
- Inscriptions on Bridges in Ceredigion – By A. O. Chater – 329
- Remnants of Mining in Ceredigion Before the 19th Century – By David E. Bick – 355
- A Cairn Cemetery on Esgair Gerwyn Ceredigion – By D. K. Leighton and D. M. Metcalfe – 360
- Adroddiad Blynyddol/Annual Report – 364
- Cyfrifon/Statement of Accounts – 368
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.