Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1964 Vol V No I, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume V, Number I
- Methodistiaeth Gynnar Gwaelod Sir Aberteifi – By Gomer M. Roberts – 1
- Cardiganshire Politics in the Mid-nineteenth Century – By Ieuan Gwynedd Jones – 14
- Cardigan Election Songs – By Francis Jones – 42
- The Manor of Llanbadarn Fawr – By W. J. Lewis – 47
- A Portrait of Thomas Makeig of Penlan-Fawr, 1721-1766 – By M. J. Baylis – 53
- The Highmead Dairy, 1778-97 – By B. G. Charles – 76
- More Light on ‘Rhyfel y Sais Bach’ – By David J. V. Jones – 84
- On the Danger that Attends Playing with Guns – By Elisabeth Beazley – 94
- Obituary: Thomas Jones Pierce – 102
- Annual Report for 1964 – 103
- Statement of Accounts for the Year 1964 – 108
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.