Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1956 Vol III No I, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume III, Number I
- John Johnes (1800-1876) – By Herbert Lloyd-Johns – 1
- The Excavation of a Barrow in Cardiganshire – By C. H. Houlder – 11
- Gwir Iforiaid ‘Castell Gwallter’ – By B. G. Owens – 24
- The Castles of Cardiganshire – By D. J. C. King – 50
- The Crosswood Estate, 1547-1947 – By J. M. Howells- 70
- The Lesser Country Houses of Cardiganshire (continued) – By Herbert Lloyd-Johns – 89
- Some of the Freeholders of Cardiganshire in 1632 – By W. J. Lewis – 91
- Proceedings of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society and of its Executive Committee – By Dafydd M. Jones and the Editor
- The Aberystwyth Archaeological Society – By Keith Jones – 97
- Statement of Accounts for the year 1956 – 98
- The Excavation of a Barrow in Cardiganshire – 13, 15, 17
- Castles of Cardiganshire – 52
- Rents of the Crosswood Estate Preserved in the Crosswood Deeds and Documents, 1670-1944 – 83
- The output of Lead and the Royalties from the Lisburne Mines during the period of Greatest Development, 1839-1893 – 84
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.