Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1957 Vol III No 2, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume III, Number 2
- The Background of Llandysul – By Ieuan T. Hughes – 101
- Recent Excavations in Old Aberystwyth – By C. H. Houlder = 114
- The Excavations of a Barrow in Cardiganshire-II – By C.H. Houlder – 118
- Land Occupation, Ownership, and Utilisation in the Parish of Llansanffraidd – By Spencer Thomas – 124
- Seasonal Migrations of Cardiganshire Harvest gangs to the Vale of Glamorgan in the Nineteenth Century – By Moelwyn I. Williams – 156
- A Town and its Library – By Norman Roberts – 161
- Tro i Eglwys Penbryn – By E. T. Price – 182
- A Note on Ship-Building in Aberystwyth, 1800-1816 – By Moelwyn I. Williams – 183
- Obituary: Mr R. Osborne – By D. G. Griffiths – 185
- Meetings and Proceedings of the Society during 1957 – 186
- Constitution – 189
- Statement of Accounts for the year 1957 – 191
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.