Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1955 Vol II No 4, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume II, Number 4
- Editorial – 201
- The Churches of Mount and Verwig – By E. G. Bowen – 202
- The Church of the Holy Cross, Mount, and the Church of St Pedrog, Verwig – By David Bateman – 206
- Sir John Rhys: An Explorer of Antiquity – By T. H. Parry-Williams – 214
- Ymfudo o Sir Aberteifi i Unol Daleithau America o 1654 hyd 1860 (parhad) – By Bob Owen – 225
- The Lesser Counrty Houses of Cardiganshire (continued) – By Herbert Lloyd-Johns – 241
- The Printed Maps of Cardiganshire, 1578-1900, in the National Library of Wales – By M. Gwyneth Lewis – 244
- The Aberystwyth Town Walls – By D. B. Hague – 276
- Brogynin, Trefeirig – By D. B. Hague 277
- The Trenacatus Stone – By J. R. Davies – 279
- Proceedings of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society and of its Executive Committee – By Dafydd M. Jones, D. G. Griffiths and the Editor – 282
- List of Members – 286
- Statement of Accounts for the year 1955 – 291
- THE SITE OF VOELALLT, LLANDDEWI BREFI – 215
- GREEN-GROVE – 215
- THE CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS, MOUNT – 216
- THE INTERIOR OF MOUNT CHURCH – 232
- PLAN OF BROGYNIN – 233
- Ceredigion: Atlas Hanesyddol, gan W. J. Lewis, 1955.
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.