Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1953 Vol II No 2
Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1953 Vol II No 2, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume II, Number 2
- The Cult of Dewi Sant at LlanddewiBrefi – By E. G. Bowen – 61
- Church Day Schools in Aberystwyth during the Nineteenth Century – By A. L. Trott – 66
- The Lesser Country Houses of Cardiganshire – By Herbert Lloyd-Johns – 85
- Some Cardiganshire Broadsides – By David Jenkins – 89
- An Unusual Churchwarden’s Account Book – By H. R. Evans – 108
- Cardigan’s Ancient Borough – By D. J. M. Peregrine – 117
- Two Aberystwyth Benefactors – By J. R. Davies – 118
- Proceedings of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society and of its Executive Committee – By D. G. Griffiths – 120
- Forty Welsh Traditional Tunes – 123
- Statement of Accounts for the year 1953 – 124
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.