Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1951 Vol I No 2
Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1951 Vol I No 2, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume I, Number 2
- Llandyssul Church: Minute Book of the Vestry and Parish Meetings – By H. R. Evans – 113
- Geological Research in Cardiganshire, 1842-1949 – By John Challinor – 144
- Some Aspects of Lead Mining in Cardiganshire in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries – By W. J. Lewis – 176
- Proceedings of the Society and of its Executive Committee, 1950 – By D. G. Griffiths – 201
- Obituary – By D. G. Griffiths – 204
- List of Members of the Society – 205
- Financial Statement for the Year 1950 – 212
- News and Notes – 193
- The Passing of a Fleet – 193
- St. David’s College, Lampeter, and the Presbyterian College Carmarthen – 194
- A Peterwell Sale Catalouge of 1781 – 196
- A Borth Shipwreck – 198
- Rhyfel y Sais Bach – 199
- GEOLOGICAL Map OF CARDIGANSHIRE AND SURROUNDING DISTRICTS – 146
- MINES WORKED IN CARDIGANSHIRE IN THE 16TH AND 17TH CENTURIES – 176
- HIGHLY INCLINED ABERYSTWYTH GRITS EXPOSED IN THE CLIFFS JUST NORTH OF ABERYSTWYTH – 158
- TŴR GWYLANOD, 5 MILES S.S.W. OF ABERYSTWYTH A ROCK-STACK IN THE WELL-BEDDED AND WELL-JOINTED ABERYSTWYTH GRITS – 159
- CLIFFS ERODED IN GLACIAL DEPOSITS 3 HALF MILES S.W. OF ABERYSTWYTH – 162
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.