Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1950 Vol I No I, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume I, Number I
- Introduction – By The Editor – 1
- The Celtic Saints in Cardiganshire – By E. G. Bowen – 3
- Strata Florida Abbey – By T. Jones Pierce – 18
- The Monastic Economy of the Cistercians at Strata Florida – By E. G. Bowen – 34
- Ystradmeurig Castle – By R. Osborne Jones – 38
- St David’s College – By W. H. Harris – 43
- Aberaeron Landmarks – By Gwilym Jones – 53
- The Possible Formation of a County Museum in Cardiganshire – By D. Dilwyn John – 63
- The National Council of Social Service, and the Work of Local Antiquarian Societies – R. F. Treharne – 73
- Botanical Exploration in Cardiganshire – By P. W. Carter – 77
- Cors Fochno and Cors Goch – By Emile T. Evans – 97
- New and Notes – 106
- The Genisis of the Society – By R. Osborne Jones – 102
- Old Numeral Forms – By John E. Morris – 103
- Inscribed Slates from Strata Florida – By E. D. Jones – 103
- A Bequest to the Society – By B. G. Owens – 106
- Proceedings of the Society and of its Executive Committee, 1939-1949 – By D. G. Griffiths – 108
- Financial Statements – 112
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.