Cardiganshire Family History Society
Cardiganshire Family History Society (District of Ceredigion) was formed in 1995 to encourage the study of genealogy and family history in Cardiganshire by those having family connections with the county wherever they may live. The society publishes a journal three times a year. The contents include reports of meetings and lists of members’ interests. Members themselves are also encouraged to contribute articles.
The society also welcomes those living within the county who have no Cardiganshire ancestry but are interested in family history generally.
The aims of the Society are
• to cater for the needs of those from Wales, the UK, and overseas, researching their Cardiganshire ancestors.
• to provide a local focus for those researching their ancestors in other areas.
• to encourage and assist complete beginners.
The society meets in Aberystwyth on the 4th Tuesday of each month from September to June. The AGM is held in March and the June meeting always takes the form of a visit to a local place of interest followed by a meal. Visitors are always welcome at our meetings.
- Baptisms 1813- 1837 Project
- National Burial Index (NBI) Project
- 1851 Census Project
Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales | Coflein | National Library of Wales | Ceredigion Museum | Ceredigion Archives | Dyfed Archaeological Trust | List of Historic Welsh Place Names | Cardiganshire Family History Society