Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Map Reference SN69SE
Grid Reference SN6595692241
Commote: Genau’r Glyn
|Ecclesiastical Parish: |
Ceulan-y-maesmawr, Acres: 7236.616
Parish Hundred: Genau’r Glyn
|Electoral Ward: Ceulan-a-maesmawr|
|Listed Buildings: Tre’r-ddol|
Scheduled Monuments: Tre’r-ddol
Since 1909 the Ceredigion Historical Society has published articles written about the archaeology, antiquities and history of Ceredigion, many of these articles printed within the Ceredigion Journal, are about the history of Tre’r-ddol.
The society has also produced three county volumes, under the name of the Cardiganshire County History series, these knowledgeable, learned, comprehensive and scholary publications record the history of prehistoric, early and modern Cardiganshire.
1. Local History
2. Journal Index
3. Location Map
Some ideas to share your Stories below!
Have a memory and your not sure what to write? We have made it easy with some prompts and ideas, just think about this place and the importance its had in your life and ask yourself:
- What are my personal memories of living here?
- How has it developed and shops changed over the years?
- Do you have a story about the beach, community, its people and history?
- Tell us how it feels, seeing photographs and images of this place again?
- Tell us your favourite memories about this place?
The aim of the Ceredigion Historical Society is to preserve, record and promote the study of the archaeology, antiquities and history of Ceredigion. That objective has remained the same since the foundation of the Society in 1909, though its name was changed from Ceredigion Antiquarian Society to the Ceredigion Historical Society in 2002.
5. External Links
- Coflein, discover the archaeology, historic buildings, monuments and history of Tre’r-ddol, Ceredigion
- Historic Place Names, learn about the field names and house names in the community of Tre’r-ddol
- A Pint of History, read about the history of Ceredigion pub’s, inn’s and local taverns of Tre’r-ddol
- People’s Collection Wales, share your stories, memories and photographs of Tre’r-ddol