Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Historical Society, 2005 Vol XV, No I, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Copies of earlier editions of Ceredigion are available for purchase. Click here for details
Contents of Volume XV, Number I
- Retail Therapy in Seventeenth-century West Wales – GERALD MORGAN – 1
- Ysgubor-y-coed and its Lost Mills – ROGER BIRD – 21
- Colonel Gwynne of Mynachty (1783-1861) – HENRY PHYTHIAN-ADAMS – 53
- Recalcitrance and Acceptance: Aspects of Centralisation under the Poor Law in Cardiganshire – MATTHEW GARRETT – 73
- ‘A Fire Made of Shavings’? the 1904 Revival in Cardiganshire – HUW RODERICK – 107
- Alun R. Edwards: Arloeswr a Gwireddwr Breuddwydion – RHEINALLT LLWYD – 139
- Adroddiad Blynyddol / Annual Report – 169
- Cyfrifon / Statement of Accounts – 173
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.