Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Historical Society, 2002 Vol XIV, No 2, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Copies of earlier editions of Ceredigion are available for purchase. Click here for details
Contents of Volume XIV, Number 2
- Lewis Morris: ‘The Fat Man of Cardiganshire’ – GERAINT H. JENKINS – 1
- T. E. Ellis a Cheredigion – MARI ELLIS – 24
- ‘Without any distinction of sect, or creed, or politics’?: Charity and Hospital Provision in Nineteenth-Century Aberystwyth – STEVEN THOMPSON – 38
- Mudiad y Temlwyr Da ym Mlwyf Troed-yr-aur – MAIR DAVIES – 57
- Llên y Mynydd Bach – RHEINALLT LLWYD – 61
- Running Franco’s Blockade: Captain John Jones, Aberarth and the S.S. Sarastone – RICHARD JONES – 79
- Famous amongst the Barns: The Cardiganshire Landscapes of John Elwyn – ROBERT MEYRICK – 89
- Adroddiad Blynyddol / Annual Report – 105-106
- Swyddogion / Officers – 108
- Pwyllgor / Committee – 109
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.