Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Antiquarian Society, 1972 Vol VII No I, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Contents of Volume VII, Number I
- The Teifi Valley as a Religious Frontier – By E. G. Bowen – 1
- Noddi Beirdd yng Ngheredigion- Rhai Acweddau – By D. Hywel E. Roberts – 14
- The Menhir in Cardiganshire – By A. J. Bird – 40
- The Cardigan Boroughs Election, 1774 – By H. J. Lloyd-Jones – 50
- Cardigan and the River Teifi – By Zia Krarmer – 56
- The Makeigs in Cardigan – By M. J. Baylis – 65, 189
- A most United Fratenity – By M. J. Baylis – 80
- A Note on the Decline of Mining in Cardiganshire – By George Hall – 85
- Corrigendum – 90
- Adroddiad Blynyddol/Annual Report for 1972 – 91
- Cyfrifon/Statement of Accounts for the Year 1972– 97
- Churches founded by St. David and his followers – 3
- Distribution of members of the Rhydwilym Church in 1689 – 6
- Distribution of present day Welsh Baptist Churches – 7
- Catchment area 1689 of Rhydwilym Church – 7
- Independent Churches in Cardiganshire established before 1738 – 9
- Distribution of Calvinistic Medodist and Unitarian Churches – 12
- Cardiganshire Monoliths in relation to rivers – 42
- Site notes on Monoliths related to local river systems – 43
- Cardigan – Line engraving by W. Radclyffe after D. Cox – 56
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.