|Pennant History Pictures|
Since 1909 the Ceredigion Historical Society has published articles written about the archaeology, antiquities and history of Ceredigion, many of these articles printed within the Ceredigion Journal, are about the history of Pennant.
The society has also produced three county volumes, under the name of the Cardiganshire County History series, these knowledgeable, learned, comprehensive and scholary publications record the history of prehistoric, early and modern Cardiganshire.
Researching the history of Ceredigion? Institutions within Ceredigion include the Ceredigion Museum, Ceredigion Archives, The National Library of Wales and the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales all of which can be found at Aberystwyth.
You can discover Ceredigion’s rich history through the use of archives, libraries and museums all of which are free to explore!
Some of the resources and items which can be found:
- Ceredigion archives catalogue
- Ceredigion antiques
- Ceredigion boundary map
- Ceredigion interactive map
- Ceredigion tithe maps
- Ceredigion newspapers online
- Ceredigion images
- Ceredigion old photos
- Ceredigion placenames
- Ceredigion monuments
- Ceredigion old houses
- Ceredigion cottages
- Ceredigion churches
- Ceredigion capels
Many of the heritage organisation above have Ceredigion events which are open to the public and share local history and Ceredigion news with the general public, through a series of lectures, talks, open days and field trips.
3. External links
- Coflein, discover the archaeology, historic buildings, monuments and history of Pennant, Ceredigion
- Historic Place Names, learn about the field names and house names in the community of Pennant
- A Pint of History, read about the history of Ceredigion pub’s, inn’s and local taverns of Pennant
- People’s Collection Wales, share your stories, memories and photographs of Pennant
Some ideas to share your Stories below!
Have a memory and your not sure what to write? We have made it easy with some prompts and ideas, just think about this place and the importance its had in your life and ask yourself:
- What are my personal memories of living here?
- How has it developed and shops changed over the years?
- Do you have a story about the beach, community, its people and history?
- Tell us how it feels, seeing photographs and images of this place again?
- Tell us your favourite memories about this place?
The aim of the Ceredigion Historical Society is to preserve, record and promote the study of the archaeology, antiquities and history of Ceredigion. That objective has remained the same since the foundation of the Society in 1909, though its name was changed from Ceredigion Antiquarian Society to the Ceredigion Historical Society in 2002.