|Ciliau Aeron History Pictures|
Since 1909 the Ceredigion Historical Society has published articles written about the archaeology, antiquities and history of Ceredigion, many of these articles printed within the Ceredigion Journal, are about the history of Ciliau Aeron.
The society has also produced three county volumes, under the name of the Cardiganshire County History series, these knowledgeable, learned, comprehensive and scholary publications record the history of prehistoric, early and modern Cardiganshire.
Scheduled Monuments in Ciliau Aeron, Ceredigion.
Scheduled monuments (also known as scheduled ancient monuments, or SAMs) are sites of archaeological importance with specific legal protection against damage or development.
- Castell Perthi-Mawr
- Defended Enclosure 130m ENE of Capel Ciliau Aeron
3. A Topographical Dictionary of Wales
Originally published by: Samuel Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (London, Fourth edition, 1849)
CILIAU-AËRON, a parish, in the union of Aberaëron, partly in the hundred of Troedyraur, and partly in the Lower division of the hundred of Ilar, county of Cardigan, South Wales, 10½ miles (N. W.) from Lampeter; containing 307 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the river Aëron, by which it is bounded on the north-east, and from which it derives the adjunct to its name. The living is a discharged rectory, rated in the king’s books at £5, and endowed with £400 royal bounty; patron, the Bishop of St. David’s: the tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £115. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is a small edifice, consisting of a nave and chancel. There is a place of worship for Presbyterians, and a Sunday school is held in connexion with the Established Church.
4. External links
- Coflein, discover the archaeology, historic buildings, monuments and history of Ciliau Aeron, Ceredigion
- Historic Place Names, learn about the field names and house names in the community of Ciliau Aeron
- A Pint of History, read about the history of Ceredigion pub’s, inn’s and local taverns of Ciliau Aeron
- People’s Collection Wales, share your stories, memories and photographs of Ciliau Aeron
Some ideas to share your Stories below!
Have a memory and your not sure what to write? We have made it easy with some prompts and ideas, just think about this place and the importance its had in your life and ask yourself:
- What are my personal memories of living here?
- How has it developed and shops changed over the years?
- Do you have a story about the beach, community, its people and history?
- Tell us how it feels, seeing photographs and images of this place again?
- Tell us your favourite memories about this place?
The aim of the Ceredigion Historical Society is to preserve, record and promote the study of the archaeology, antiquities and history of Ceredigion. That objective has remained the same since the foundation of the Society in 1909, though its name was changed from Ceredigion Antiquarian Society to the Ceredigion Historical Society in 2002.