Ceredigion – Journal of the Ceredigion Historical Society Vol XVI, No I 2009
Pages from Ceredigion – Journal of the Cardiganshire Historical Society, 2009 Vol XVI, No I, can be viewed below.
You can also view previous editions of the Society’s Journal going back to 1950, with fascinating facts about the archaeology, antiquities and history of the County of Ceredigion.
Copies of earlier editions of Ceredigion are available for purchase. Click here for details
Contents of Volume XVI, Number I
- Barrows, cropmarks and Lewis Morris: An Early Bronze Age ritual complex discovered at Dollwen, Goginan, Ceredigion – TOBY DRIVER – 1
- Town and Countryside in Cardiganshire towards the end of the Middle Ages – RALPH A. GRIFFITHS – 23
- Edward Lhwyd a Cheredigion – BRYNLEY F. ROBERTS – 49
- The Portreeve’s Tale: The Decline and Fall of the Borough of Adpar – RICHARD MOORE-COLYER – 71
- Trefeurig, 1851-1891: A case study of a lead mining township – KATE COOPER – 81
- A Welshman in Albania: E. C. L. Fitzwilliams of Cilgwyn, Newcastle Emlyn, and the British Adriatic Mission, 1915—16 – RICHARD MOORE-COLYER – 117
- Our Founding Fathers and Mothers: The Cardiganshire Antiquarians – GERAINT H.JENKINS – 133
- Tribute to Dr E. L. Ellis (1922-2008) – J. GRAHAM JONES – 171
- Adolygiadau/Reviews – 189
- AdroddiadBlynyddol/Annual Report – 191
- Cyfrifon/Statement of Accounts – 199
The Journals were published from 1950 up to present day. The complete contents have been digitised by NLW as part of the JISC-funded ‘Welsh Periodicals Online’ project which were available from 2009. In the meantime we present the table of contents of each volume below. The format and level of detail in the ‘Contents’ varied from volume to volume. We present the lists as originally printed.